We are on our way to reaching our $10,000 goal for this project. Revenue from this fundraiser will be used to purchase water filters, pumps, a rainwater catchment, and supplies for the new watersystem. In addition, we will employ Diné community members for the project build and purchase materials from local sources.
WaterNow will use funds to:
– Construct a submersible pump system from the existing water source
– Install UV purifying filter water system
– Install a new water station, piping, and increase plumbing to homes and community kitchen
– Collaborate with the local community to maintain the system
100% of your donations will directly support increased clean water to the Diné community – enhancing quality of LIFE on the reservation for over 1,000 people.
– Increase number of homes with water access and increase available gallons
– Reduce waterborne contaminants and bacteria in drinking water
– Install rainwater catchment to maximize available resources
– Employ Diné community members to help construct the system
“We previously met with the President and leaders of Little Big Medicine Inc., Danny John and his wife Levina John. They are excited about the possibility of the system and say that it will greatly enhance well-being, health, and morale of the community.”
Yet, 1 of 10 people currently lack access to safe water worldwide and every 60 seconds a child dies from dirty water. WaterNOW is here to help change this through action today.
The US gets 81% of its energy from Fossil fuels. At WaterNow we focus on sustainable green solutions, such as solar power, river turbines, conservation and protection of natural resources and alternative solutions such as Biodiesel fuel made from spirulina and hemp.
Only 2.5 percent of the world’s water is fresh, with much of it stored in glaciers and snowfields. WaterNow is dedicated to providing access to clean water with technologies such as rainwater catchment, reusability, and filtration systems to purify and recharge water.
Enough plastic is thrown away each year to circle the Earth four times! WaterNow believes in a plastic-free revolution. If we recycled or used 75% less through filtration systems like WaterNow provides, 1 billion gallons of plastic, tons of oil and 44 million cubic yards of landfill space would be saved annually.
Receive monthly newsletters and other clean water journeys + updates from our team at Waternow.